Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, December 19, 2013
- UC mobility: How the market is predicted to grow in the new year
Irwin Lazar, vice president and service director for Nemertes Research Group, shares his predictions for the UC mobility space in 2014.
- Last-minute holiday gifts for the tech gadget lover
What do you give to the tech gadget lover who already has the latest tablet, gaming system or smartphone? Here are some ideas.
- Looking back: IT channel 2013 highlights
Industry analysts discuss IT channel 2013 highlights, such as partner-related moves by Dell and AT&T, the cloud, and the emergence of SDN.
- Massive Target data breach: Retailer says 40 million cards compromised
The Minneapolis-based retailer said a massive data breach, one of the largest in retail history, occurred over the holiday shopping period.
- Rackspace managed services tackle DevOps challenges through automation
A new marketing software company got a leg up on DevOps using a new managed service from Rackspace.
- Avago Technologies joins enterprise storage fray with LSI acquisition
Avago Technologies announced a $6.6 billion deal to acquire components provider LSI Corp. and turn Avago into a major HDD and SSD components provider.
- News briefs: IBM patent for BYOD security, AWS' Chinese data center
This week, IBM patents a method for securing cloud-based mobile apps, while AWS announced its plan to open a Chinese data center.
- Data backup 2013 news dominated by cloud and modern data protection
Data backup news in 2013 was filled with vendors taking their technology to the cloud and quests to fix 'broken backup' with modern data protection.
- CloudSigma makes IaaS security easier with network policies
CloudSigma introduces a system for the easy application of enterprise network policies to the public cloud. Will more control mean more adoption?
- For senior IT, job satisfaction, optimism tied to innovation and growth
Senior IT execs expressed a sense of job satisfaction and an optimistic outlook on their organizations in this year's TechTarget IT Salary Survey.
- Facilita HP el camino a la virtualización y big data
HP ConvergedSystem proporciona sistemas de TI integrados, diseñados en su totalidad para lograr convergencia, ayudar a los clientes a reducir la complejidad y costos de TI.
- Publica GSMA especificación Embedded SIM para servicios máquina a máquina (M2M)
La iniciativa Embedded SIM apunta a acelerar el mercado M2M abordando sectores clave, entre ellos transporte y servicios públicos.