Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
- Survey: For cloud computing use, business needs trump cost savings as top driver
TechTarget's latest Cloud Pulse survey shows business needs trump cost savings for cloud use. IT leaders and analysts say it's about time.
- 14 questions to ask SDN vendors before investing
Considering SDN technology? SDN expert Ethan Banks breaks down 14 questions to pose to an SDN vendor before investing in their technology.
- UC predictions for the New Year: Collaboration technology trends
Tim Banting, principal analyst for Current Analysis, weighs in on what collaboration technology trends enterprises can expect in 2014.
- Indian consumers likely to use technology for health and fitness
Indian consumers are enthusiastic about the use of smart digital technology to collect and share lifestyle information, according to global research from Accenture
- IT Salary Survey: Information technology budgets are stable or growing
Information technology budgets and headcounts either grew or stayed the same in 2013, according to our IT Salary Survey.
- The cloud looms large over IT career paths
IT managers paint a positive picture in terms of salaries and mood, but the "now factor" is altering IT career paths.
- IT Salary Survey 2013: High earners, low earners and CIO earning potential
For senior IT executives looking for higher pay, the good news is that if you move to a bigger company you can nearly double your compensation.
- Palo Alto Networks buys advanced persistent threat protection startup
Citing that sandboxing can't catch every advanced persistent threat, Palo Alto Networks acquires stealth startup Morta Security.
- Network-based APM: Out with the old, in with new APM approaches
New tools and approaches, like network-based APM, are needed to help IT professionals manage the dynamic, distributed nature of today's applications.
- Malvertising attacks via Yahoo ads may precede broader iframe attacks
Experts say the ease with which attackers conducted last week's malvertisement attacks using Yahoo ads suggests similar iframe attacks are imminent.
- Considering an SDN platform? First define your operational needs
Before investing in an SDN platform, network pros must first examine their overall IT operational needs.