Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
- In mobile application development does speed to market trump quality?
In mobile application development, is it more important to be fast or to be perfect? It's a fine line, say our three experts in this CIOpinionators.
- Blue Jeans Network integrates Lync-Skype and room-based video
In addition to integrating Microsoft Lync and Skype, Blue Jeans Network enables screensharing and conferencing with room-based video.
- Big data 2.0: CISOs push need to identify attack campaigns
CISOs at RSA Conference 2013 say identifying attack campaigns means taking security big data to the next level. The hard part? Finding data analysts.
- A longtime student of IT's top leader asks, 'What is a CIO?'
What is a CIO? After years of observation, TechTarget's Scot Petersen knows what a CIO is not and gets close to a definition that holds up today.
- CIO's mastery of M&A puts her at center of Dell's turnaround strategy
Dell Global CIO Andi Karaboutis expounds on being in the thick of Dell's turnaround strategy.
- Hadoop framework breathes new life into Ancestry.com legacy tools
Ancestry.com tackles DNA testing with the help of the Hadoop framework, and discovers that moving to big data technologies takes time and teamwork.
- Zerto offers support for remote offices, updates for cloud providers
The latest version of Zerto's hypervisor-based replication product offers support for remote offices and updates for cloud providers.
- DataDirect Networks tackles Hadoop storage with SFA appliance
DataDirect Networks launches the hScaler, an appliance designed to speed deployment and increase efficiency of Hadoop storage-based big data systems.
- Cloud management a catalyst for Monitoring as a Service
New life has been breathed into the market for Monitoring as a Service by new tools and increasing cloud adoption.
- RSA 2013: Charney optimistic about the future of information security
In his RSA Conference 2013 keynote, Microsoft's Scott Charney struck an optimistic note when talking about the future of information security.
- Health IT can improve patient safety, Bipartisan Policy Center says
Recent anecdotes have underscored health IT safety issues, but a new report says tech is a key way to improve patient safety.
- Dell, VMware expand VDI opportunities for their channel partners
Dell, VMware made product and partnership announcements at VMware PEX, designed to improve their partners' ability to sell to the VDI space.
- Vendors showcase MAM products that ease BYOD challenges at RSA 2013
RSA exhibitors offered a range of mobile application management solutions, intended to ease the challenges of monitoring BYOD environments.
- Microsoft continues subscription push with new Office 365 versions
Microsoft announced new Office 365 offerings that it hopes will help make a subscription-based model more enticing to customers.
- Spear phishing, manpower drive Chinese APTs, says researcher at RSA 2013
Chinese cyberattacks rely on spear phishing and overwhelming numbers, not sophisticated attack methods, says a researcher at RSA Conference 2013.