Internet acronyms and lingoTerms related to Internet acronyms and lingo, including slang definitions and jargon about texting, Twitter and other social networking sites.
- walled garden - On the internet, a walled garden is an environment that controls the user's access to network-based content and services.
- war driving (access point mapping) - War driving, also called access point mapping, is the act of locating and possibly exploiting connections to wireless local area networks (WLANs) while driving around a city or elsewhere.
- Web 2.0 - Web 2.0 are websites and applications that make use of user-generated content for end users.
- Web texting - Web texting is two-way text messaging from the Web to a handheld mobile device, usually a cellular phone.
- weblog - A blog, short for weblog, is a frequently updated web page used for personal commentary or business content.
- wetware - Wetware refers to programmers, developers, systems administrators, cloud and IT architects and other employees that directly affect how servers, applications, networks and the rest of an IT system functions.