The pandemic has changed customer expectations and customer experience. Attending industry conferences is one of the best ways for businesses to stay current on CX trends and technology.
Customers today expect outstanding digital experiences as they shop from home and pick up orders curbside. Consumers also expect businesses to keep their personal information safe from threat actors.
Salesforce's Dreamforce conference is one of the biggest CX events of the year. This year, it is scheduled for Sept. 20 to 22 in San Francisco. While you cannot yet register for the event, you can sign up here for a registration alert.
Here are some other top customer experience conferences to attend in 2022.
1. PegaWorld iNspire
When: May 24-25
Where: virtual event
Where to register: https://www.pega.com/events/pegaworld
This event will include keynote addresses and other panels, with topics covering customer service, personalized customer experience, intelligent automation and digital transformation.
- Marty Hicks, vice president of consumer strategy and planning at T-Mobile
- Sonia van der Linden-Pugal, global innovation lead at Booking.com
- Juan Gómez-Reino, chief technology officer at Lloyds Banking Group
- Alan Trefler, founder and CEO of Pega
- Kerim Akgonul, chief product officer at Pega
2. Salesforce Connections
When: June 8-9
Where to register: https://www.salesforce.com/connections/register
Learn about trends and skill up through various panels, hands-on training and roundtable discussions. This is also an opportunity to network with peers face to face. This conference is geared toward marketers, commerce pros and digital leaders.
3. CX Network Live: CX Personalization 2022
When: May 17
Where: virtual event
Where to register: https://www.cxnetwork.com/events-cx-personalisation
This conference will focus on using AI to analyze data, marketing automation, channel integration, personalization, real-time updates, self-service and predictive customer care.
- Devin Poole, senior director of CX strategy at Dixa
4. Gartner Marketing Symposium/Xpo 2022
When: May 23-25
Where: virtual event
Where to register: https://www.gartner.com/en/conferences/na/marketing-symposium-us/register
There are seven different tracks, each offering a different area of focus, including leadership and strategy; marketing data, analytics and measurement; customer experience; multichannel strategy and multichannel marketing; commercial strategy and enablement; navigating the martech landscape; and internal and external communications.
- Luvvie Ajayi Jones, author and podcast host
- Sarah Robb O'Hagan, CEO of EXOS
- Kristina LaRocca-Cerrone, senior director at Gartner
- Michael McCune, senior director at Gartner
- Dean Vitté, director at Gartner
5. CX North America
When: June 7-9
Where: Nashville, Tenn., and virtual event
Where to register: https://www.forrester.com/event/cx-north-america
This conference, sponsored by Forrester, is geared toward CX, marketing and digital leaders. Key topics include employee experience, customer service, digital commerce, application and experience design, metaverse and customer loyalty.
- Ian Trombetta, senior vice president of social, influencers and content marketing for the NFL
- Stacy Brooks, associate director of EDI digital strategy at Humana
- Jeff Lojko, senior vice president of CX transformation at Bank of America
- Peter ter Weeme, chief officer of social purpose and vice president of player experience at British Columbia Lottery Corp.
- Melissa Parrish, vice president and group director at Forrester
6. Customer Contact Week
When: June 20 to 23
Where: Las Vegas
Cost: $1,499 to $3,099
Where to register: https://www.customercontactweekdigital.com/events-customercontactweek
This conference revolves around contact centers, with industry-specific think tanks led by experts and an expo hall to network and meet different vendors. Tyra Banks, Jason Alexander and Rebecca Jarvis of ABC News are the main stage headliners.
Other speakers include:
- Monica Rothgery, chief operating officer at KFC
- Jeff Allison, head of customer experience at The Black Tux
- Chris Basile, vice president of sales and contact center operations at Phone.com
- Philip Bennett, customer service operations manager at Empire Today
- Paul Husar, call center manager at LG Electronics
7. Next Generation Customer Experience
When: July 19-20
Where to register: https://cxfinance.wbresearch.com/srspricing
There will be keynote addresses, roundtable discussions and the opportunity to network with peers. Panel topics include diversity and inclusion, the future of customer service, prioritizing employee experience and digital experience.
- Jason Dupuis, chief experience officer at PM Pediatrics
- Michael Bair, senior vice president of customer experience at FIGS Inc.
- Jill Fruchter, vice president of insights and experience at Blue Apron
- Amy Shore, chief customer officer at Nationwide
- Janice Rohn, head of customer research and experience at Intel
When: Sept. 28-29
Where: virtual event
Where to register: Martech website
This vendor-agnostic event is aimed at senior marketing professionals. There will be expert-led sessions with tips and advice on marketing technology and digital experiences. Registration is not yet open, so keep checking the Martech website for updates.
9. Customer Service Revolution
When: Nov. 8-9
Where: Cleveland, Ohio
Where to register: https://customerservicerevolution.com/shop
At this conference, you will learn about CX best practices, learn about tools and services to create successful customer experience strategies, and hear experts speak about the industry.
- Cassandra Worthy, CEO of Change Enthusiasm
- John Ruhlin, co-founder of Giftology Group
- Joel Sylvester, chief client officer at Five Star Call Centers
- Jared Green, founder and CEO at Engage 365
- Ryan Magnon, senior principal operations lead at Chick-fil-A
10. Inbound 2022
When: Sept. 6-9 in person, Sept. 7-9 online
Where: Boston, and virtual event
Where to register: https://www.inbound.com
This conference, hosted by HubSpot, brings together professionals across the customer experience spectrum -- including marketing, sales, digital experiences and customer service. This event will provide training and expert advice sessions, networking opportunities and breakout sessions. Keep checking the website for a list of speakers and the agenda.