Compliance, risk and governanceThis glossary contains definitions related to compliance. Some definitions explain the meaning of words used in compliance regulations. Other definitions are related to the strategies that compliance officers use to mitigate risk and create a manageable compliance infrastructure.
TRI - WHA
- triple bottom line (TBL) - The triple bottom line (TBL) is a sustainability-based accounting framework that includes social, environmental and financial factors as bottom-line categories.
- unknown unknown - An unknown unknown is unidentified information.
- USA Patriot Act - The USA Patriot Act is a law enacted in 2001, granting new and extended data-collection abilities to federal agencies in an effort to combat terrorism after the September 11 attacks.
- VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity) - VUCA is an acronym that stands for volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity -- qualities that make a situation or condition difficult to analyze, respond to or plan for.
- What is a private cloud? - Private cloud is a type of cloud computing that delivers similar advantages to public cloud, including scalability and self-service, but through a proprietary architecture.
- What is BCDR? Business continuity and disaster recovery guide - Business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) are closely related practices that support an organization's ability to remain operational after an adverse event.
- What is cybersecurity? - Cybersecurity is the protection of internet-connected systems such as hardware, software and data from cyberthreats.
- What is enterprise content management? Guide to ECM - Enterprise content management (ECM) is a set of defined processes, strategies and tools that allows a business to effectively obtain, organize, store and deliver critical information to its employees, business stakeholders and customers.
- What is risk management and why is it important? - Risk management is the process of identifying, assessing and controlling threats to an organization's capital and earnings.
- What is risk mitigation? - Risk mitigation is a strategy to prepare for and lessen the effects of threats faced by a business.